Thank you for your interest in a career at Murphy & McGonigle Consulting. We are always willing to consider exceptional candidates. Our Firm offers its employees the opportunity for growth and advancement in a collegial and diverse work environment. We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental and vision, life and disability insurance, and much more. If you would like to apply to any of these positions, please send your resume to:
Murphy & McGonigle Consulting is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Richmond, VA
- Provide eDiscovery and litigation support services. This includes, but is not limited to, engaging with legal teams and providing technical support and assistance with the planning, design, development, application and implementation of technology and database systems such as Relativity, Concordance, HighQ, external web-based document repositories, and external web-based case management tools.
- Acquire data from electronic sources to include but not limited to: webmail, portable media devices (e.g. USB/flash drive), and other available data to support eDiscovery related requests. These acquisitions are required to be collected in a forensically sound manner (e.g. preserving meta data) following industry accepted procedures including documentation, search, retrieval, storage and handling of electronically stored information (ESI).
- Develop and maintain eDiscovery process and procedures that comply with industry best practices.
- Evaluate new tools and techniques for improving and expanding the eDiscovery program capabilities.
- Responsible for promoting and ensuring the effective use of current and new eDiscovery and litigation technology within the firm
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters or JD a plus
- At least 2 years of eDiscovery work experience and an understanding of the eDiscovery process and standard litigation support procedures and concepts.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Relativity, or other external web-based document repositories and case management tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to interact with legal teams and clients in a professional and articulate manner.
- Ability to communicate highly technical subjects and concepts in a format and appropriate level for non-technical audience.
- Strong attention to detail including the ability to thoroughly quality check work product.
- Ability to assess, develop and improve processes and procedures for use by others following industry best practices.
- Ability to design, resource, conduct, and complete projects independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, able to quickly learn new software and procedures, exercise good judgment and show initiative in resolving problems and completing assignments.
- Must be able to organize, plan and prioritize workload.
- Must work well under pressure and in a team environment.
- Experience working with SQL relational databases.
- Familiarity with Python programming language.
- Working knowledge of data protection and privacy best practices
Location: New York, NY
Murphy & McGonigle, a National Tier 1 law firm and “2021 Law Firm of the Year” – Securities Regulation (www.mmlawus.com), specializing in representing and advising clients in the financial services industry, is seeking a highly motivated litigation associate with 2-5 years of relevant work experience for its New York office. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in litigation and be skilled in all aspects of discovery and motion practice. Strong professional and academic credentials, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and a strong work ethic are required. A big law firm background and securities litigation experience is a plus, but not required. Must be admitted to practice in the State of New York.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Murphy & McGonigle, a National Tier 1 law firm specializing in the financial services industry with offices in San Francisco, New York, District of Columbia and Virginia is seeking a highly motivated associate attorney for its San Francisco office with 3-5 years of relevant work experience. The ideal candidate must possess a deep interest in financial markets/services, exceptional organizational skills, and have a background in drafting motion papers and all phases of discovery. Strong professional and academic credentials are required. A judicial clerkship and/or financial markets/services experience are a plus, but not required. Must be admitted to the State Bar of California.